Sunday, July 31, 2011

Making Plans

The Drummer and I are trying to get away this weekend. My Dad hopefully will be well enough to go to Portland with my Mom. If he's not, then I'm staying in town. But we're planning as if we are.

This is what's great about The Drummer. We've been talking about the Sequoias since we met. I know that it's a place that's magical and special for him and he wants to share that with me. I spent a lot of time in nature as a kid. Mainly against my will. But I have done a lot of camping in my life. I didn't always love it, but as I got older, I appreciated that I could camp and really started to love it. I love walks. I love the solitude and the majesty of it all. The Drummer and I went on a beautiful walk last week on our date. I love walking and talking.

So we both were on the phone today and figuring out what we should do. We might have a cabin to stay at but in case we don't we need to find lodging. So we're both looking for affordable alternatives. I've dug up AAA information and maps. And I already have some recommendations on places to eat from my Dad. I like planning together. With the Ex, he did everything because he liked it. I never felt like I was a part of things, so I didn't do a lot of planning. And I know that bugged him. I know it made him feel like I was just along for the ride. But he also never liked my suggestions and made that abundantly clear. That never serves as good motivation to keep throwing out ideas. It became very clear early on that he didn't really care about my opinion. So I started believing that I was really bad at planning things because my planning never met with his approval. And you know what? I now remember how much I love doing this stuff. And it helps that I love doing this stuff with The Drummer.

The Drummer has also put great sex on the itinerary, which is incredible. It's super hot. I'm having exactly the kind of experience with someone I have only been dating for three weeks. I smile when I think about him. I think about him often. And I want to do it with him all of the time. I'm hoping that there's some great, outlandish, ridiculous marathon sex during this trip.

He's the kind of person I want to have a glass of bourbon with and go down on. But not necessarily in that order.

No comments:

Post a Comment