Monday, July 25, 2011

Expanding

Yesterday and today were productive.

I gots no J-O-B, so I gots to start solicitin' work. I had a thought when I was Facebooking a former professor of mine...maybe I could come to a Master Class in Playwriting at my alma mater.

Then I got an email today that asked me if I wanted to come sub for the Playwriting professor. They'd fly me up, set me up with housing and give me an honorarium. Well, that was easy. Love that.

I just found out about a commission program for a theatre in NYC that's looking for funny, provocative plays centering around the idea of The Matriarch. I happen to be writing a play about a Matriarch. And it pays $15K. Rock out.

I'm setting up a trip to Portland in September during an arts festival. Going to try and drum up more business while I'm out there.

Then a trip to NYC in November to do more business and to go to my friend Dave's wedding reception.

If I want things in life, I have to grab them. No one's going to hire me to do anything if I just lay here. I have to go grab it and now that I've got the time and resources...I'm doing it.

The world only gets bigger if you make it bigger. It expands as much as I do. Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment