Sunday, July 31, 2011

Getting Away and Coming Back

I'm just barely returning back to my body. I've been dealing so much with my Dad's health issues and recent stay in the hospital that I haven't had a lot of time for much else. I have been working out a lot, but I feel a lot of out of body feelings. My mind hasn't felt like it has been intact for about a week or so. And now I'm ready to get back to my routine.

How appropriate that it's the start of a week and I'm ready to get back? And how appropriate that tomorrow is August 1st, the nine month anniversary of the date I walked away from my relationship. Time to reaffirm my commitment to myself. I am a good son, but that's not all I am.

Tomorrow I will be heading to the gym and starting a new harder workout. I'm going to kill it in the gym for the next month or so. My goal is to continue to be lean and to reduce my body fat by four percent over time. I've got to take care of my Dad's doctor's appointments in the morning. Then I'm off to the gym and then I'm off to help my friend Susan get ready for a pitch. Then it's time for hip hop class and yogurt with Tiffany and then another late night date with The Drummer. These Monday night dates are becoming a tradition...one that I am a big fan of.

Tuesday's going to be a writing day. Quiet, alone and secluded.

Wednesday is going to be a lot of meeting up with friends and catch up...some business.

Thursday is all about writing. And Friday hopefully I will be heading to the Sequoias with my dude. Gone until Monday. Happily gone until Monday. Relaxation, big trees and four days of romance. Also testing out whether or not I can do a big trip like that with him. That will be a huge test for both of us. Our first trip out of town together. I'm psyched about it.

So again...a very busy week. But one that will continue to bear fruit. I'm very excited about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment