Monday, July 4, 2011

Farewell Recap: My Spirit

As a part of my farewell to this blog, I'm doing a bit of a recap of where I am on certain subjects. And when I'm finished, just like I did when I broke up with my ex, I'm gone.

But I promise to leave my forwarding address...which will be another blog about something besides my now 8 month old break up. I think it's time to move on.


TODAY'S SUBJECT:

My spirit

My spirit is good.
My spirit is wide awake.
My spirit is fortified, it has been tested.

I now know that I don't have to be the one who carries the weight of the world on my shoulders. I need to make room for myself and because of that...more of myself has come through.
Even as my Dad has been sick, I realize that it's not all on me.
I didn't know that before and if it hadn't been for my Ex,
I wouldn't know how to be there for myself as well as my Dad.

I've learned not to be afraid to show my spirit.
I did that working on the pilot I just finished with the two producers I worked for.
A long time ago, my friend Dave said that if I want something, I need to put it all out there, so that I can receive all of it back and then some. The more I give, the more I get back.
I've really tried to put that into practice over these several months.

Friends have remarked that I look better these days.
Ten percent of that is face.
Ten percent of that is body.
Ten percent of that is the cleanse I did.
But the rest of it is my spirit.
I'm a happier person.
And I wasn't sure that's what was going to happen when I left.
But I was hoping that's what was waiting for me.

It was a risk, but well worth it because my spirit is alive and kicking.

Hopefully my spirit has been all over this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment