Monday, December 27, 2010

Did I play baseball?

This has to be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard in my life.

"You've got some serious legs. Did you play baseball?"

Okay, I've never even remotely thought that I could EVER pass as butch. But I think that this person, who I met at the gym and was no doubt coming on to me, implied that my legs were somehow manly.

Here's my response:

"I'm a marathoner. I run marathons."

He nodded his head as if to say "Right On." Two dudes at the gym, pumping iron and talkin' about the athletic things they do.

Before I opened my mouth to say the following, I thought better:

"I was also a dancer in college. Ballet. Jazz. Modern. Lots of leaps. You should have seen my legs in tights. I was skinner back then, but my legs have really held up. Muscle memory. My legs? Plies. Grande jettes. All barre work."

THANK GOD I didn't say any of that. But this masculine guy in his early 40s with salt and pepper hair and a hot body came up to ME and asked ME if I had played some sort of competitive sport. And it was BASEBALL. Those guys have killer legs. Tree trunks. He thought MY legs were tree trunks. Athletic. Grrrr. ME!

Well, if he figures out who I am and reads this blog, he will certainly not even remotely think that I'm manly. But it was nice to fool someone for a second.

No comments:

Post a Comment