Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Diet and/or Exercise

Can I just choose one?

The exercise thing is fine for me. I wasn't a very active child, so I've got all of that energy stored up. And it didn't really matter when I was seven. I wasn't that attractive, so a few extra lb's wasn't going to make much of a difference.

I love to run. It's good for my mind. It's all about rhythm and it allows me to meditate. Repetitive movement. And it's kind of masculine. Well, as long as I'm not flailing my arms about. For the record, I don't run like a girl.

Lifting weights. Actually not a bad thing. I think for a long time I didn't know what the hell I was doing. But you read enough MEN'S HEALTH issues and...well, you masturbate a lot. But when you're done with that, you're left with knowledge of proper form. I actually see my body changing, and the results are good.

P90X. I love. I love knowing how to do a proper push up. And I love that I CAN do a proper one. The exercises for the most part are basic and old school and THAT makes me feel like a total bro. It's a moderately important label. And I love the guy who leads the videos: "DO your best and forget the rest." It's just pure entertainment. And I've seen great results. I love a dive bomber push up. I love getting up early to do it. I love that the exercises only last 30 seconds. And I love variety. I love that there's hard core yoga and kickboxing. Like I said, it makes me feel like a bro.

Insanity. Just started this. I don't like it. It's made by Beach Body, the same folks who do P90x. But it doesn't have as much variety and you do the exercises for much longer. Also no demonstration of modified movement. That bugs. I'll give it another shot, but not loving it now.

Dancing. Going to the club. Taking a Hip Hop class at the gym. Standing at the barre for an hour. Going across the floor. It's very FAME (the original). And I love to dance. It does not make me feel like a bro. But I do feel strong and expressive.

Food. It's my weakness. If this was "Shoop", and Salt n' Pepa asked the proverbial question:

"Girls, what's my weakness?"

I'd respond back: "FOOD!"

Okay then. I'm not going to make the same list of different healthy food choices.

VEGAN
MACROBIOTIC
RAW FOOD DIET
BLOOD TYPE

No way. How about Diabetic Inducing? I love food. I don't like to monitor my intake, my frequency, my amount, my fat levels. I just love to eat it and smile when I'm done. I feel very accomplished. Sometimes I throw my hands up when I'm done with a meal.

TA-DA!

Or I look like a gymnast trying to stick a landing. Then I wait for my scores.

I love Italy. Fresh pasta. I love steak. I love bone marrow. Offal. I just love food. It's good. I love a good salad too. I make them. I go to Soupplantation. But it would be really difficult for me to get all militant on my meal planning. I'm Mexican. I love enchiladas. And I'm also Chinese. I love chicken with black bean sauce and egg rolls.

But I do need to find a magic way to just take off a few extra pounds so that I'm ready for that moment when I take my shirt off, as a recently single human being. Ugh. All of that pressure just makes me hungry. Good thing I'm going to Houston's for lunch to meet a friend. I'm sure they'll have something I'll like.

No comments:

Post a Comment