Monday, December 27, 2010

What are YOU doing New Years Eve?

It will be either "New Years Eve. A Cup O'Noodles." Like Carrie in S&TC1 or I'll go do something. I haven't quite figured it out. A big part of me wants to do brunch or a fun lunchtime party. Then just spend the night watching old movies by myself. That might be a good thing.

I won't be kissing anyone this New Years Eve. Well, at least I won't be kissing New Haven. We both agreed not to put that pressure on ourselves. And that doesn't mean that last night's date didn't go well. It went super well. I don't want this blog to all of a sudden be just about the guys I'm dating. Even though a part of rebuilding does have to do with starting over in that department. We had the tamales I made with my family, some black beans and a field greens salad. He brought the wine.

I will mention the things that are clicking:

1) He talks about his feelings a lot. And I love that because I probably talk about my feelings more. And it's nice to talk about things that matter. Other than just art and culture and the daily news. I love those things too. But I don't want to just be having a relationship with a news ticker. I need some humanity.

2) We didn't wait until dinner to make out.

3) He's really unassuming. He's got an Ivy League education, but he's not a snob. Like DVF said on Bravo's Watch What Happens the Other Night, "I don't like pretension."

4) We held hands in public. I grabbed his arm. It was natural.

5) I get to cook for him.

6) There's no pressure. We both understand that I'm in a strange place right now. Really in transition. And the last thing I should be is tied down to another man. But he's a great partner in crime. And I don't mean partner in that way. We are having fun. And I'm completely myself.

So the date went well. Everything went over well. And I'm not obsessing. I'm just smiling from time to time throughout the day thinking about how relaxed it all was.

Back to New Years Eve: No Pressure. I want to see friends at some point during the day, but it doesn't have to be at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment