Saturday, December 11, 2010

Friday: Out

So I did finally bust my ass out of the house and headed over to Fubar, the scene of the crime from last Friday. That's where I ran into the ex.

And I'm glad I went out. I always tell friends I don't have a problem going out by myself. And I really don't. If I feel lonely or sad or like a loser standing in the corner at the junior high dance, I've got a car and I can just drive "home." That's easy.

It's not like when I lived in New York. I actually did go home a lot from the bars in Brooklyn. I didn't really want to go up and talk to anyone and I think I gave off this vibe of "don't approach me." And if that's the worst of it - because I did feel like a big loser - then that's the worst of it. I can handle that.

And I already had the first run in with the ex, so this was going to be less intense. Until I ran into the guy who I went home with last weekend. I left my hat at his place, so I knew I'd have to reach out to him eventually. I love that hat. The ex gave me that hat and I look fucking great in it. It's part of my newsboy look. And he was all over me.

But that was after I ran into another guy that I made out with that same night, who didn't remember what I looked like clearly because he didn't remember we had made out.

"Hi, handsome."

"Yeah. We made out already. What was your name?"

That's pretty much it. And then the two of them kind of got into it a bit. I wouldn't say they were fighting over me, but there was definitely some tension. Guys, I just wanted to have a relaxing evening. Single, fun!

And THAT was after I had started talking to this guy, Marty, who has a shaved head and I think does construction or something. But he looks like a more handsome version of the lead singer of Judas Priest. Definitely a daddy type. But very nice. So we spoke for a little bit, but it wasn't really going anywhere. He was nice enough. But nice enough ain't cutting it these days.

So just when I figured I had had enough and it was time to go home, I ran into my friends Jerry and Jim, who are also friends with the ex. I haven't seen them since we were still together. I felt like I had my people with me. So we danced a bit and then I went home.

It was a full night. I had talked to three guys, seen two friends and come home solo. That's fine with me. Besides, I had to get up this morning for a run and then I'm going to go see the parents and go to a couple of holiday parties tonight.

This singlehood is hard to manage. So many suitors, so little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment