Friday, December 17, 2010

First Date

And I know he's reading this or will eventually, so I won't try to embarrass you, Subject of This Blog Post.

First of all, if I'm being presumptuous in thinking that this was a date, then I apologize. But it felt like a date. And it was the first real "date" I've been on since the break up. Weird.

Okay, so given the fact that we had this whole conversation about what was On the Record and Off the Record (it was an "in general" conversation, not about us - allegedly), I'm going to disclose the facts that I think are safe.

1. I went over to his place.
2. I brought food over.
3. I made meatballs and mac and cheese - because he said he wanted comfort food.
4. I cheated with the meatballs - in MY opinion. I was in a hurry so I bought taco seasoning from Trader Joes and used that in the meat mix.
5. I thought the mac and cheese was a little dry. Although the flavors were good.
6. I didn't totally think I was going over to have a "just friends" dinner. Although I probably tried to play it off that way.
7. It's impossible for me to "play it off."
8. We had wine. It was red.
9. We watched RABBIT HOLE w/ Nicole Kidman and Aaron Eckhart. A screener.
10. We ate too much.
11. The movie was okay - we both agreed on that.
12. We both kept finding ways to look over at each other and make a clever comment about the movie.
13. They weren't always all that clever.
14. We kept creeping closer to each other on the couch.
15. I thought we were going to cuddle or make out at least once or twice during the movie.
16. We practiced restraint.
17. And by restraint, I mean we were probably a bit gun shy. And nervous.
18. I can only speak for myself. I was nervous.
19. The movie ended. We stared at the credits for a while. More filler conversation.
20. Finally made the move. Not sure who did. But it was a mutually well-received.
21. That's it. I didn't spend the night. I was not whorey.
22. Talking in the kitchen over wine, while I was making the salad was probably one of my favorite parts of the evening. It felt really natural.

I'm going to leave it at that. No more disclosure. But let's just say it was nice. And for a first date, if that's what it was, it was a success. And if it wasn't a first date, in my head, it was MY first date since this new found freedom. I think I did okay. I'll probably have a better idea after next week, when we're going to do this again.

23. This is so weird. Nice. But weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment