Friday, December 3, 2010

Marathon Training

I talked to my friend Joe last week and he's going to do the LA marathon. I thought to myself "Hey that would be a good thing to do." I've been thinking about doing another marathon. The only one I've done is Florence a few years ago. Yes, Florence, Italy. And I don't mean to sound to cavalier about it. But it was a beautiful city and exciting to do it with my boyfriend at the time.

I'm still getting used to that. "Ex", "at the time", "former". Ugh.

So now I'm thinking of running the LA Marathon because Joe's flying out to NYC to do it. That's a good enough reason, right? And I still can check those things off of my list to do since becoming single:

1. Get in shape.
2. New haircut.
3. Run another marathon.

You know the list, the one you start when you want to liberate yourself. If you scroll down to the beginning of this blog, I believe you will find one.

I remember how good it felt to train every weekend. I'm supposed to be running with my friend Susan, but what we end up doing is talking about her new marriage and my new life. And it seems easier to talk and walk, than talk and run. But that's just an excuse. And my body isn't getting any more single-ready.

So I'm going to do a marathon. Because I'm single. And I have a list to fill. And I have a hot ass when I run. And I need to remind myself that the things that I think are impossible are actually within my reach. I just need to RUN and get them.

I know...bad. But it gets the point across.

No comments:

Post a Comment